Friday, March 19, 2010

Gopher Goodbye or; In Tubby I Trust

At the beginning of the season, I bet my dad 10 dollars that the Minnesota Men's Basketball team would make the NCAA tournament. I ended up winning that bet (I'm rich!), but not without a good sweat. Today, the Gophers got eliminated from the tourney. And not surprisingly, the Tubby leaving rumors began. I sure hope he decides to stay. The Gophers have a good thing going after making back-to-back tourney's and they only lose Damien Johnson, Lawrence Westbrook and Devron Bostick to graduation. Granted, Johnson and Westbrook have been very important but the Gophers bring back Ralph Sampson, Colton Iverson, Devoe Joseph, Blake Hoffharber and Rodney Williams. They also have a pair of 3-star recruits coming next year in addition to the possibility of landing 5-star recruit Cory Joseph, who is the brother of current Gopher Devoe Joseph. I think Tubby has started something worth finishing in Minnesota. He took a 9-22 team and morphed them into 20 game winners three consecutive years. In a couple years, maybe we can win the Big Ten, who knows? I just hope Tubby is thinking the same way.

I took Kansas to cut down the nets. But if Kentucky wins, I told ya so.

No comments:

Post a Comment