Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Brett Favre

A couple months ago, I wrote that Favre would be a Viking. I was convinced he was not done playing and wanted revenge on Mike McCarthy and the Packers. News broke today that he is indeed not coming back. I was wrong. 
At first, I was not thrilled about Favre playing for the Vikes but as Favre's indecision lingered(no surprise there) I began to warm up to the idea. Suddenly, I was thinking about Favre handing the ball off to Adrian Peterson and throwing swing passes to Percy Harvin out of the backfield. I was beginning to think that the Vikes would be unstoppable with Favre. He knew our offense and had a good relationship with OC Darrell Bevell. He also knows Green Bay's system and is familiar with all the teams in the NFC North. As Much as I didn't want a former Packer to lead us to the promised land, I thought that he was going to.
We know now that this won't happen. I have to say I am a bit relieved. If the Vikes would have gone 12-4 and made it to the NFC Championship(or further), all anyone would have said was, "You only made it there because of Favre," especially those cheese eating drunks from Wisconsin. Now the Vikings need to move forward. Accept the team that you have and try and win with those guys. The Vikes won the division last year without Favre, who is to say we can't do it again? We have added more weapons and hopefully our quarterbacks will make better decisions. I like the team the Vikings have assembled, even without Favre. It is time for Minnesota, the team and the people of Minnesota, to not dwell on this. We didn't get Favre...who cares. We still have a very competitive team that needs our support.

No comments:

Post a Comment